Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday

So it's another Wednesday..... and I've only got a .7lb weight loss to report. I now have 9.3lbs to lose by March 1st... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

My trainer, William, is going to be dropping my daily carb intake another 15 grams, starting Friday, the day after my hi-carb day (when I eat 230 g of carbs!). I'll now be down to 125g of carbs a day. Lately, at 140, I've been able to eat a little bit of pasta or a half a cup of rice, along with veggies, in order to hit my carbs. But with my numbers so low now, I think the only way to stick to my macros is clean eating.... aka solely veggies.

Lately, I've been venturing out of my little box when it comes to veggies. I'm not necessarily picky -- the only veggie I don't really like is carrots -- but I tend to stick to my favorites: broccoli, spinach, brussel sprouts and green beans.

Last week, I talked about how I tried spaghetti squash as a noddle substitute and loved it. I am proud to report, I've tried two new vegetables this week!
While I've had beets before, they've always been canned. I had my first fresh beets that my mom purchased from the Saturday Morning Market in St. Pete, Fla., and they were great.
I also tried acorn squash for the first time. I turned to my favorite healthy recipe website SkinnyTaste for some ideas on how to cook it. I gave her roasted acorn squash with brown sugar a try, and it was awesome. I see myself buying some more acorn squash from the market this weekend!

Happy Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment