Thursday, January 24, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday - Week Three



Ignore the fact that this being published on a Thursday, please!

My weight loss over the past two weeks has been unimpressive. (Thank you, lady business!) I'm down 1.1 lbs since my weigh-in on Saturday, but technically, I'm still at my lowest weight this month.

To be honest, it's insanely frustrating. And when I look at the overall number of what I want to loose (just over 50 lbs), I get extremely discouraged and begin to feel like it will never happen. So I've decided to break it down in smaller increments...

My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of February. It's roughly 2 lbs a week, so it's a very attainable goal. So wish me luck!


As for other parts of my healthy eating journey, I have been trying new foods. I recently tried spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute during a "family pasta night" with my sister and our good friends, Chris and Jess. I also made Steamy Kitchen's recipe for cauliflower mashed potatoes two days ago.
I absolutely loved the spaghetti squash.... it is an easy substitute for pasta. I even used some leftovers with taco-seasoned chicken, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a unique Mexican noodle mix. As for the cauliflower mashed "potatoes," I think I will have to give it another whirl. It had nothing to do with the recipe... I just think my cauliflower was going to bad. Another great resolution... be better about using fresh veggies! :)

Have a great Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment