Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesdays - Week One

I've decided to dedicate Wednesdays to my weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey! :-) 

My weight has been something I have struggled with for most of my life. When I was obviously younger, I desperately wanted to be a size 0. But the older I got, the more I realized that it wasn't possible.

December of 2009 (Nope, that's not lemonade.)
 I have hips. I have curves. Being a size 0 will never be an option for me. But a size 8 or 10 who understand how to eat better and exercise? I'll take it.

The only time I ever felt like I was close to comfortable with my weight was my senior year of college and the first year after. I was working out more than I probably ever have.... not that it was a lot. I'd go with my gym-fanatic best friend, Jess, twice a week, maybe three times. I think the overall active and stressful college lifestyle helped me.

However, a few months of unemployment post-graduation and my Mom's delicious home cooking led to weight gain again. 
Me and two of my best friends, Kellie and Jess, Oct. 2009

I have been working with my personal trainer, William, for just over 6 months now. When I came to William, I was eating roughly 1200 calories a day, but I couldn't lose any weight. So he broke it down for me...plain and simple. I was eating all of the wrong things and at the wrong times.

We spent the last five and a half months building up my metabolism and working me up to nearly 1800 calories a day. I was eating four meals a day and simply tracking my macronutrients. And I never gained a pound! In fact, when we started "my diet," I was 2 lbs under from when I started my training with him.

Kellie, Jess and I, December 2012
With the holidays and everything, I'll be the first to admit I got off track. While I wasn't necessarily over-indulging, I know that I wasn't being completely conscious of my choices. As of my first meal this past Monday, I decided that it was time to get back on track and follow my "diet."

And I am pleased to announce that .... I weighed in today 4.1 lbs less than I did on Sunday!

I feel like I am finally understanding how I need to treat my body in order to be healthier. And I hope that the next time I take a picture with Kellie and Jess, I'll be looking even better than the one from right after college! 

No comments:

Post a Comment