Monday, January 7, 2013

So good to see you, 2013

Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right. - Oprah Winfrey

I'm not typically an Oprah fan, but I felt that this quote was ever so appropriate for how I feel about 2013. The new year, regardless of which one it may be, provides everyone with a time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

New Year's Day breakfast in Downtown St. Pete

Most resolutions for the new year include losing weight, drinking more water, being more active, landing a promotion, etc. And I'd be lying to say if most of my resolutions revolved around bettering my health, shedding the extra pounds and improving my career. But for 2013, I decided to step out of the box a little...

I have started this blog to hold myself accountable and to document the many things I find myself involved in. Over the course of 2013, I want to challenge myself to try new things or meet a goal. So each week, I will document my successes (and failures!) of achieving new goals and trying new things, in addition to my weight loss goals and life commentary.

My sweet boyfriend, Steve, and I at breakfast at The Hangar
Up first.... I am going to take a stab at looking like a professional every day of the week. Working in a small office where I am not always face to face with clients has led me to not always doing my hair or avoiding  makeup. For this week, I will be dressing up and doing my hair and makeup every day! (Hey, I've got to start somewhere.. :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment