Friday, February 22, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

Favorite Things Friday is taking you to the most magical place on Earth today: Disney World!

As a Floridian who lives an hour away, Disney World has always been a staple vacation destination. It was a quick weekend away with my family, as a child, or with my friends the older I got. Sometimes, my parents would really spoil us and take us for a whole week. :-)

Now, as an adult, I am annual pass holder who tries to get over there once a month. Like I said on my earlier post this week, whether I'm riding rides or simply relaxing in the World Showcase, I always enjoy my Disney weekends. So this week, I'll be sharing all of my favorite things Disney!

Favorite Park
My sister and I in front of the castle
It's really hard to pick just one, as I seem to love each of the park's unique aspects. However, there's something so special and wonderful about Magic Kingdom! From the castle to Main Street to the various lands, everything is so perfectly detailed to make you feel like you've gone to the future or the wild West.

Favorite Event
Hands down, Food & Wine Festival. Epcot holds a six week event where they put up booths for the various countries where visitors can get traditional food and drink items. I am a foodie, maybe not as extreme as others, so I love trying new cuisine that I might not normally order out. This past year, I tried Coq au Vin sur Gratin de Macaroni, a delicious braised chicken and pasta with cheese dish, from France and a seared filet with smashed sweet potatoes and braai sauce from South Africa, as well my usual, go-to Food & Wine Festival dishes.
The weather is also starting to cool down (just in the 70s and 80s, if you're lucky, so don't get too excited), so if you're planning a Disney trip, definitely consider Food & Wine Festival.

Favorite Time of the Year
Christmas. Duh. It's my favorite time of the year, regardless of Disney World, but the parks definitely make it all the most special. From the lights on Cinderella's Castle to the Christmas storytelling in Epcot to the Osborne Family's Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios, there is no shortage of Christmas spirit in the parks.





Favorite Restaurant
My favorite restaurant at Disney World has got to be Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort. And there's really only two reasons why: sticky wings and bread.
We always end up at Kona on our trips that last longer than one night. There are a lot of wonderful options on property (Le Cellier Steakhouse at Canada in Epcot is great for special occasions), but there's nothing like eating a whole plate of sticky wings by yourself and finishing it up with some warm sweet bread and honey macadamia nut butter. Oh my. I'm ready for some now!
The most delicious wings on the face of the Earth.
Favorite Reason to Go
The best part is you don't need one! But celebrating birthdays in the park is always fun for me and my friends. I celebrated my 25th birthday there last year, and I plan on celebrating my 26th as well! Whether I've been celebrating a birthday, my wonderful relationship with Steve, or simply the blessing of friendship, there's always enough good times to last me till my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment