Friday, February 8, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

Unlike most of the country, Florida is experiencing some awesome weather! Sunshine, great temps in the 70s and a wonderful breeze... not much more to ask for, really! With that being said, great things are in store, and I simply cannot wait.

So Favorite Things Friday will be dedicated to the things I am most looking forward to...

Favorite Recipe to Try Out
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies. So basically, anything and everything I love (minus pumpkin). I found them on one of my new favorite recipe sites, Budget Gourmet Mom.
 

They look like heaven, right? I'll let you know how they turn out.

Favorite Late Winter Event
The Florida State Fair, of course! A nearly two week fair dedicated to all things Florida... it's a little country, but hey, it's a lot of fun! They've got a lot of neat different exhibits, crazy rides and of course, all of the fried food you could ask for (which I will be steering clear of).

Favorite Upcoming Trip
It's a tie!
At the end of the month, my boyfriend and I will head up to D.C. for a quick 36-hour visit with his parents (and to get the rest of us stuff!), before we road trip back. I am so excited for a two-day road trip with Steve through the South. I'm really wanting to stop at Savannah or Charleston on our way home, but I think we may wait till we have more time to explore (and without a Uhaul!). If you have a good suggestion of somewhere to stop 6 or 7 hours south of D.C. and north of Tampa, do share!

Secondly, Steve and I will be drinking around the world at Epcot for St. Patty's Day with my lovely friend Cheryl and her boyfriend Stevie. Since she lives in Boston, I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, but I am so glad she is coming down to Florida for a few days to play in the sun :-)
Me & Cheryl in college, before a Ying-Yang Twins concert on campus

Happy Friday, everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment